Hey Everyone! I want to let you in on a little secret. I may be “That Annoying Fit Girl” but, guess what, I am not PERFECT. You may think that I have it all together but it just ain’t true.
Let me give you some examples:
- I HATE cardio and avoid it like the plague.
- I HATE broccoli and avoid it like the Black plague.
- I HATE doing ab work and can very easily be talked out of it.
- I have a strong weakness for cookies. (And actually ate one while writing this post. *avoiding eye contact*)
- I struggle with getting all my water in each day. A gallon of water every single day is A LOT, people!!
- When I am feeling particularly weak my go-to treatment for a blue mood is copious amounts of junk food.
- Keeping up with a ‘Clean’ diet is very hard and a day-by-day thing. If I finish a day strong, I high-five myself and pray I am just as strong the next day. Eating clean is not natural for me…..not even close.
- There are plenty of days that working out is the LAST thing I want to do.
- I struggle with having a healthy relationship with food.
- I struggle with having a healthy body image.
- I am just as hard on my body as the next girl.
- That confidence that you think you see every day may or may not be real.
- Some days that confidence is very much a ‘Fake it till you make it” situation.
- I carry more fat on my body than I want. (Note: I am in a muscle-building phase and that means more calories. Fat is part and parcel with that process. I KNOW that but I still struggle with it. )
- And I believe this the worst one of them all….I COMPARE myself to other women, their bodies, how they train, and how they eat. There are plenty of girls I consider to be “That Annoying Fit Girl.”
There you have it. I could probably go on and on and on and on but then this would end up being a slamming session. I just want you to know that I am human. I have tons of flaws.
But, I will tell you that I am so thankful that my worth does not come from perfecting all those things I mentioned above. My worth comes from my Savior who considered me (ME!!) worthy enough to give HIS life for mine. I am thankful that I don’t have to be perfect. It is because of Grace that I can wake up each morning with a clean slate and try again. I fail a lot. That confidence you see is real after all, I guess. I am confident in my faith and everything else flows from there. The smile you see is because I am so in love with my Savior and I am thankful for the body HE gave me. It is because of His grace that I don’t have to perfect a body that is already broken but it is because of that grace that I want to honor it and make it the best it can be. My lifestyle is my worship.
Note: This blog is not intended to be a religious based publication. However, since the author’s faith is part of every aspect of her life and defines her it will be mentioned from time to time.