I have a Love/Hate relationship with burpees.
Such a funny name….BURPEES! LOL!
Anyway, whether I like them or not burpees are an awesome conditioning exercise and superb for calorie burn.
Do you know how to do a burpee?
Just in case you don’t I will write a description and then show a video for the visual learners among us. (—> ME <—)
- Stand up with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Bring your hands to the floor in a crouch position.
- Push your legs out behind you so you are in a plank position.
- Perform a push-up. (Note: Depending on who you talk to a true burpee has the pushup or not.) You can drop your knees to the floor if you need to.
- From the plank position bring your legs back to your chest in the crouch positionn like before.
- Stand up again to the starting position.
- A TRUE burpee (a burpee purist here) throws in a hop at the top of the standing back up step.
Here’s your video…..
And now for the Burpee Challenge….
Round 1: Perform 1 good form burpee…
Round 2: Perform 2 good form burpees…
Round 3: Perform 3 good form burpees…
Repeat until you hit Round 10 of 10 good form burpees
By the end of the challenge you will have done 55 burpees. WHAT?!?!?!
Awesome. You can do it.
Think you might get bored? Try these 30 different burpee variations!!! (Click on the picture to see all these burpees)
Now do some burpees!!!!
Leave a comment and tell me how many you did!!!